Wednesday, December 3, 2014

We Are All Equal, No One is More or Less



We Are All Equal, No One is More or Less

Throughout this semester I have learned so much about the Invisible Narratives that impact our society. To begin with, I never really knew what was the real definition of invisible narratives and how they play a role in our daily lives. At the beginning I had no idea how to write about Invisible Narratives and how much they happen in regular basis. I never had a professor taught me and open my eyes so much how professor Caitlin did. I never saw and realized the world we live in and all the invisible narratives that mainly oppress women and how we are taught to succeed and write in white.
The first assignment we did was in a belief that we connect to the most. My belief was faith, I have always had faith in the things that I do. Why because I have always been thought to
think positive and that everything is possible. Like my mother always told me “ don’t do it for us, do it for yourself”. The words of my mother that I never forget because they come from nothing and they have done their best to give us everything. Being from a Latin family I know the struggle that we have to put up, we are seen as less than the white’s and that we can’t accomplish anything. But I try my best not pay attention and keep up reaching for my success in silent.

Thats why I am where I stand today. Because I have things that oppress me as being Latina and also being a woman. But even after learning all the invisible narratives and seeing how much we are pushed away from our discourses I stand up for myself. As a young lady, I know how it feels to be oppressed by others and how the invisible narratives surrounds my daily life. Women are not weak, we are powerful in our own way and we are not going to stop and give up all because we are put down. I will always keep faith in myself that nothing can stop me from achieving in life and not let others come in between and crush down our success in a matter of seconds.

3 comments:

  1. That is exactly how I feel! I never had someone as an English professor go against the grain and actually liberate her students through her syllabus and practices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact way about Caitlin, she is by far my favorite English professor, she is a lady who helped me view my world in a different way. Her class made me feel free because she gave us the liberty to meet her assignments by choosing our topic according to our Major which was something that ultimately grabs our attentions.

    And girl! you create your success! don't let other tell you how, its up to you where you wanna go and how you wanna get there!!!!!! that I never saw and realized the world we live in and all the invisible narratives that mainly oppress women and how we are taught to succeed and write in white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin cool! And so glad to have had a class where we actually made our own rules. The fact that she trusted us was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete